Wednesday, April 17, 2019

The first mowing of the year

Today I mowed the lawn for the first time this year. I wasn't planning to, but after my weekly meeting with Tom (in which he said he was going to mow today), and taking my 5-mile Wednesday run and seeing lots of other people mowing, I thought "what the heck" and went ahead and did it.

The grass wasn't really that long - I had a hard time seeing what I had mowed and what I hadn't - but it does look better having it all evened off. Plus it mulched up all the random leaves and sticks and things floating about.

It was weird using the new (old) mower this year. I think this is the first "opening day" I haven't used the old mower in... geez... well over 30 years. I do like that the new (old) mower is a mulcher. It's much cleaner that way.

So, now the lawn will be ready to (hopefully) be able to hide Easter eggs in it this coming Sunday. I also got the patio furniture out just in case as well. :)

No comments: