Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Marathon sign-up, running stuff, and so on and so forth

I signed up for another marathon yesterday. It's not until the end of September, and it will be my 2nd marathon - once again the Fort 4 Fitness marathon. I have intended to do it since completing my first one last fall but didn't want to jump the gun in case I got injured or died or something. I did, however, want to sign up before the price increase at the end of this month.

I feel pretty excited about this 2nd marathon. I will likely have to run it alone, but that's okay. I know it means it's going to be a long, tough summer of training, but I feel strangely confident that this year I can beat Oprah's time (4:29). I just missed it by a minute last year.

Running in general has been going pretty good (though not great). I think this may be the most consistent I've ever run through the fall, winter and spring. I am still running 4 days per week, as I did most of last year.

My feet and legs are feeling pretty good. The right foot gives me problems now and then - probably plantar fasciitis stuff - and my left knee acts up only occasionally. I tend to only treat both with CBD salve. It seems especially effective on my feet.

Jane and I are presently training for the Indy Mini half-marathon. It's the first Saturday in May. We haven't kept up with our long runs very well. We were both sick for a bit, and then the trip to Florida kind of put a damper on things. I think we can still work up to a 10-miler before the race, and that should be plenty sufficient. We may not get a PR for Jane again this year, but I don't anticipate it being too strenuous.

The biggest thing I need to do is try to drop some weight. I can't seem to get below 165. I swear, as soon as I hit it, it's like a spring bounces me back up to 170. I would like to get down to AT LEAST 155, if not less, but I'm afraid it's going to require some drastic measures. We'll see.

Otherwise... not much is happening. Work is boringly frustrating as usual, the parking lot is driving me crazy, church is a mad mess... and I suppose I will have to start mowing the lawn in another week or so. At any rate, it keeps the days flying by. I can't believe I'm almost 40...

No comments: