Wednesday, July 08, 2020

New bike light


I bought a new set of lights for my bicycle. I got this Lezyne Hecto & KTV Drive Pair at the bike shop inside where I work (from our friend Scott). They are USB rechargeable and at 500 lumens should provide plenty of light for no more than I will likely be riding in the dark. They are small, adjustable, easy to mount and remove, and need no charging cord.

I actually traded the bike lock Drew Carrie got me for Father's Day. I was going to keep the lock because it's much nicer than the ones I have, but when I went to mount it on my bike there wasn't a convenient place to do so. So I traded it even up for these lights - which I needed more.

I had some battery operated lights already, but the headlight isn't bright enough for me to ride where there are no streetlights. I've been wanting to ride to work sometimes but there is a stretch along Airport Expressway that doesn't have lights. At 4:30 am it is pretty dark along there, and since it's a busy road I want to be able to see if there is any debris in front of me.

So this will be good. I'm happy with the deal and appreciate Drew Carrie getting it for me. :)

No comments: