Friday, August 25, 2023

Five things friday

I feel bad that I haven't put up a post yet today. I actually sat down this morning to write one and...

  1. Well, it may turn into a sermon (we'll see). I've been asked to speak at church a few times. This morning was somehow different. I spent almost the entire day writing!
  2. I've been meeting with a group of guys on Friday mornings. It's good. Something I've needed.
  3. I have been going through a study on my own by Chris Hall called "Desert Spirituality." It has been really good too. I've been confronted with so much, and it has reinforced to me that I really did need to quit doing what I was doing (I was working where I was for all the wrong reasons). Maybe I'll share more sometime.
  4. I've been thinking a lot about that phrase, "There but for the grace of God go I." I think maybe it's messed up. At least it can be.
  5. Has it been hot? Jeepers! Yesterday we went out for a run at 5AM because of the heat. Even then it was 79F, and humid as all get-out! I could barely do 5 miles. Plus I'm not a fan of both starting and ending in the dark. I'm glad today was a rest day.
 Okay, your week can now be complete. Take it easy, but take it.

 

No comments: