We both got a new pair of running shoes last night. One was planned... the other wasn't.
She wanted to go to the running shoe store after work. I tagged along because... that's what I often do; plus, I just wanted to look at shoes. I didn't intend to even try any on because the last couple times I was there they didn't have anything in my size.
Jane ended up with the light blue Altra Experience Flow 3. For some reason they were $5 cheaper in the store than online. Anyway, this is a new shoe for her - and I've never worn Altra's before either. I actually tried some on because I like the wide toe box but the one's I tried on were a stupid color.
While the salesperson was helping her find new running shoes, I was looking over their wall of sale shoes. They actually had quite a few in size 8.5 and 9, so I started trying some on. I ended up getting the navy Saucony Triumph 23 in a size 9. It turned out not only were they on sale at the running store, but Saucony was having a Labor Day sale, so they were only $91.95 instead of $170.
I've never been a Saucony fan - I had another pair of them that I did not like at all, but my grandson liked them. These seemed pretty comfortable in the store, and seem very much like the Brooks Glycerin I am used to. I'd wanted something a little different, but bought these mostly because they were on sale, and also because I simply need another pair of shoes on hand. So, we'll see.

No comments:
Post a Comment