Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Welcome to my mind

Danno's Dangerous Mind

Greetings friends and flobies,
I think I have my site up and running, and I think the links work, and I think YOU can actually post and/or comment. I'm not sure why anyone would want to, but i hope someone will someday.

Why the 'Danno's Dangerous Mind' blog? Well, sometimes I think I have a dangerous mind. You know, I get to thinking things, and... since I'm a preacher, if I go with things, and say things, who knows what the result might be. It's a scary thing. Because, the truth be known, I sometimes thing strange thoughts. And it scares me because I don't always think everything all the way through, or I'll get caught up in the moment of something, and... you know, you just never know what might come out of my mind, and what somebody might find appealing. Especially myself.

Currently I'm trying to find good books to read. I LOVED Donald Miller's books, Blue Like Jazz & Searching For God Knows What. Also, Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell. Right now I'm reading Dan Kimball's, The Emerging Church. I don't like reading books liek that so much. When I read books on how we should "do" church, or do it "better" or how we should be preaching to today's culture and stuff... man, it depresses me. It makes me feel inadequate. I would much rather read something that would draw me - personally - deeper in touch with God. I'm just not that into form. Maybe it's more function I'm into. I dunno.

Anyway, back to why I'm trying to find good books to read. My son reads basically everything I read. Isaac is 17; Carrie is 20. I can't keep up. They are surpassing me. Which is good. But it's hard for me to try to teach them anything anymore. They should probably be teaching me. And they do in many respects. I love my kids. They are the greatest. There are none better, and never will be. Not that others aren't okay, but I wouldn't trade Carrie and/or Isaac for anyone or anything.

Well, gotta go. jane will be home shortly. She's my wife. And a good one mostly. Better than I deserve.

hey... God bless ya, you know. And much peace to you.
Danno

No comments: