Wednesday, May 14, 2008

25 years

Twenty five years ago today the lovely Jane Pratt walked down the aisle and was silly enough to marry me. She was nineteen, I was twenty. We went all through school together, but it wasn't until our last year of high school that we "connected." We sat beside each other in an english class, and I mentioned one day that she had changed her nail polish. I think that's what won her over. The rest is, as they say, history.

We won't see much of each other today, but... there's always tonight. Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton is kind of "our song." It was also the only song I would dance to for a long, long time. :) And do you know how hard it is to find a youtube of this in its original form? Anyway... this is for you, dear. Happy anniversary.

5 comments:

MR said...

Jane told me you said "hey, you changed your nail polish......and I'm rich."

:)

Happy 25th Folks!

JAH said...

Thank you for the most wonderful gift. You have truly been a blessing in my life and I will cherish every day we have together on this earth. Happy 25! (And yes, I cried through the whole song....but it was the good kind of crying)

dan said...

Thanks Mike.

Thank you too, dear.

MR said...

Did this become your song because she was always driving your drunk ass home?

dan said...

Well, of course! Why else? :)