Sunday, November 02, 2008

Birthday number forty six

Today is my 46th birthday. It started off well because with Daylight Saving Time ending I got an extra hour of sleep.

I got a few cards yesterday, and today one from Jane (with some candy) and Carrie (with a cinnamon poptart and milky way), and a few more at church. I bought myself a new pair of blue jeans and wore them to church today. They are Arizona's from JC Penney. I got the 'sneaker boot cut' fit. I prefer boot cut jeans, but I don't like the baggy-assed ones. I like these sneaker fits because they're a little slimmer. Never had them before. With the low waist a 34 is a little big though, so I have to wear a belt. I also got some shoes, but I think I'm going to take them back and get me some new slippers instead. I have enough shoes.

After church we went to Steak and Shake for lunch. It was just the two of us, and our waiter was like a muslce-man or something. He was really good though. We both got a Frisco Melt and fries, and Jane got a chocolate shake and me a vanilla. It was gooooood. After that it's football/nap time. I will skip the afternoon office work today. Tonight we have Cantata practice.

Now that the birthday is over I can relax and get on with the rest of the year. I will have to call my mom later today, because it's also her birthday. I was born on her 25th. My dad's birthday was last week, and while I always remember his, for some reason I always forget it's also his twin sisters birthday. Oops.

Now if the Cowboys could just beat the Giants this afternoon...