Saturday, September 11, 2010

What to remember

Just a quick note because I'm heading out to play in Tom's golf tourney this morning...

I know a lot of people think we in the USA need to remember the 9/11/01 terrorist attacks FOREVER. And, you know, if I had a friend or family member who lost their life in such a way, I would want to remember them forever too. But it seems to me there's a big difference in remembering a lost loved one, and in remembering the act that took their life. Certainly part of the grieving process is anger (over what was done), but shouldn't that come to pass at some point?

It has always been my belief that Jesus wanted his church to be more about redemption than about retaliation. This is why burning Koran's and such just doesn't make sense to me (especially from a Christian standpoint).

I dunno... I am hesitant to say it, but, really, I didn't personally know anyone involved in the 9/11 attacks. It was absolutely a tragic event. But maybe it's time we forget about the terror(ists), and remembered more of the way Jesus wants us to live (even in the face of such tragedies). Just a thought.

Peace out; and in, my friends.

1 comment:

Jim L said...

It certainly is hard to forgive, let alone love one's enemies, and heal in Jesus if you keep picking the scab.