Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Taxes - pt. 2

I recently wrote about sending in our tax info... Well, apparently they are done. This year we owe $101 in Federal taxes, and we get $385 back in state taxes. That is wayyyyyy better than last year's was, but I was kind of hoping we might get more back. I mean, we were able to write off the entire down payment on our house this year, and we're not going to be able to write that much off in years to come. So while I'm glad we will actually make a few bucks this year, I think we need to make an appointment with our accountant to try to figure out what we need to do in the future.

In other news... I am still waiting to hear the verdict on my new eyeglasses. I went back Monday evening and the girl asked to keep them. She was going to talk to her manager and the eye doctor and see what to do next. Well, the eye doctor's mother passed away Monday - which I found out yesterday, because the eye doctor's father attends our church. So I don't know what's going to happen, but at least my old glasses still work just fine.

I finished reading N.T. Wright's 'Simply Jesus' yesterday (and will have a post about that). Today I started Mike Breen and Steve Cockram's 'Building A Discipling Culture.' Wow... I am getting into it. They write in a style that really connects with me. I'm having a hard time putting it down.

No comments: