Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Monday morning weigh-in

Well, I'm still weighing myself Monday mornings. Last week I was at 144.6. This week I once again dropped slightly to... 144.0 lbs. Although I ran 7.5 miles instead of the usual 5 or so... so it may not be a true measure. It was also after having a protein drink, water, and cup of coffee.

I also ran in my knee-high socks for the first time too. They're not actual compression socks (I don't think), but they are black athletic socks that come up into my knees. They felt pretty good. But I feel kind of like a dork wearing them. I would like to get some compression socks - for the longer runs, and for after runs - but they are so stinking expensive. So I got a 3-pack of these long athletic socks instead. I don't see why they wouldn't do the same thing. They're supposed to be good for keeping the blood circulating during a run and recuperating the legs afterward. I try to wear them on Fridays after long runs, but I've not worn them to run in. I have noticed a couple people on the Rivergreenway lately wearing them. I'm thinking they are people getting ready for the Fort4Fitness half marathon. Or... I don't know, it seems like there is a marathon too.

Anyway, I feel pretty good about my weight. I would like to stay at or under 145 if I could. I feel good physically, and I think I carry it well. Although I pretty much need a whole new wardrobe at this point. Even my gym shorts are too big for me anymore.

1 comment:

JAH said...

You look very good, too!