1. Jane and I both have the day off together today. We hardly ever have an entire day off together. I usually work 6 days a week, taking Friday's off. She usually gets either Saturday/Sunday off or Sunday/Monday. Last night we went to bed at 10:30 and slept until after 8 this morning. That felt good.
2. The boy called asking for help with his taxes last night. I don't understand how someone making just over $10,000 has to even file taxes... let alone have to PAY in both federal and state taxes. Just another sign of how screwed up this country is. And the next time somebody says something about all the poor people getting government handouts...
3. The Feipel's were taking a road trip this weekend for a wedding. We were hoping they would have a nice trip. However they texted a little after 8 this morning that they blew a tire just outside of town. Bummer. I haven't heard an update yet but hoping they get it taken care of and can still go. [Actually, just got a text that they ended up having to call a tow truck. Bummer.]
4. We had several days of nice rain this week and the grass is pretty much all green now. I swear on Wednesday you could almost see it TURNING green. It has cooled down a bit though, but it's supposed to warm up next week and I have a feeling we will need to start mowing soon after that.
5. I am thinking about shaving the beard off today. I haven't shaved since November 2, 2012. I wanted to let it grow for a year, but it's just kind of a pain. I don't know.... We'll see.