Sunday, March 30, 2014

All is lost

I'm sorry... I know that means little at this point, but I am. I tried, I think you would all agree that I tried. To be true, to be strong, to be kind, to love, to be right. But I wasn't. And I know you knew this. In each of your ways. And I am sorry. All is lost here... except for soul and body... that is, what's left of them... and a half-day's ration. It's inexcusable really, I know that now. How it could have taken this long to admit that I'm not sure... but it did. I fought 'til the end, I'm not sure what this worth, but know that I did. I have always hoped for more for you all... I will miss you. I'm sorry.

This is pretty much the entire content of speaking in the Robert Redford movie, All Is Lost. We rented it at Redbox last night and gave it a watch. I liked it, as far as this kind of movie goes. There were no pretty girls, fast cars, or gunfights. It was just Robert... on a boat... in the sea. According to iMDb the film's script is only 32 pages long, and it's the only movie in the history of filmmaking that has only one actor and one writer/director, but eleven executive producers as well as six other producers of varied titles. Interesting.

Anyway, as with all of my reviews, I won't give too much detail about the movie. Just let me say that if you like those loner/survivalist-type shows, you should like this. Of course it also confirmed in my mind that I don't EVER want to go out into the ocean on a boat. At least not farther than I can swim back to shore (which is about 50 feet). But it was nice.

No comments: