Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Not done yet

This past Sunday morning, whilst standing in the middle of our church's "great room" and participating in the singing/praying/worship... I was somewhat consumed by this feeling that... I'm not yet done. I doubt that I can explain it, but it felt really good. It was just, like, everything is a process; and I'm in the midst of that process; of that growth. I didn't feel old at all. It was a hopeful feeling.

I know a lot of people who seem to feel life is just about growing up... and then you're done. I'm sure I've settled into that line of thinking a time or two. You know, like I now know all there is to know; I've done everything worthwhile that I need to do; I've lived... and the rest of life is just a waiting to die. Man, I don't want to live like that. Well, I guess it's not really even living at all, is it?

So I had this great sense that I have so much more to learn, so much more to do, so much more to experience... Like I said, it was a nice feeling.

The point is dying if we don't live when we're alive.