Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Costco membership


We are now members at Costco Wholesale. Jane said that's what she wanted for Christmas, so we went this past Sunday and signed up. She's been there a few times with Carrie but it was my first time. Geez. It was a little intimidating. We strolled around and looked at some stuff, then we got what we came for and left.

I don't know a whole lot about it. I think you can pretty much get just about anything you want there. You can even buy a car! I don't know how much food we will buy there because we rarely need things in bulk, but who knows.

One thing that did really strike me as we walked around though.... They have people giving out samples of food on just about every aisle. It really started to irritate me. For one thing, it creates a bottleneck as people are trying to go up and down aisles. But it also reminded me how much I dislike people who walk around a store and eat and/or drink. You know those people who just can't wait until they get home and they've got to have something RIGHT THAT SECOND! I don't know what it is but I started to get so irate at people lolligagging up and down the aisle with their little samples of food, not paying any attention at all to those of us who were on a mission to buy groceries! Ugh. I get so annoyed with myself when I get annoyed at others.

So, yeah, we are Costco members. I don't really know how much I will use it, but I imagine Jane will.