Wednesday, March 01, 2006

The Church

I recently started checking Scot McKnight's blog, and one day he said:

"the church is a people whom embraces and gets embraced by God's grace and then embraces others."

Wow. I like that. I agree with the idea of that. I wish it were more true.

Last night I had to make a visit, and I didn't want to go because I had been a little angry with the people I needed to visit. I read from my "Critical Questions for Leadership" accountability card: "Are people really encountering and experiencing God's love in and through their encounters with me?" That helped straighten my attitude a bit.

Thanks you, Jesus, for all you've done for me. Come, Holy Spirit... I need you more and more each day. I love You. I want to be a part of THE church; I want to help the church I'm a part of be Your church; I want to always be aware of what it means to be embraced by Your grace, and always be ready to embrace others with it... so they might encounter & experience You through their encounters with me.

peace. may the revolution become 'normal'.

No comments: