Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Punks for Jesus

A couple notable items from a couple of people I have much admiration for:
  • Andrew Jones is one of my favorite people (that I don't know at all), and he's also a bit wacked in the head (only in the best sense of the word). He has an excellent post about cults and sects at this link: Cults: We Gonna Expose Yo Ass!. Should be required reading for any church planters or EC'ers. (He also has a piece on Youtube about an event that happened to him this past Sunday: HERE. It's wild).
  • Another guy that I don't know but really admire is Jay Bakker - son of Jim & Tammy Faye. What a ride he's been on, and I love what he's been doing, and just happened onto this piece about his upcoming tv show: One Punk Under God.
Peace, folks. It's all about a revolution.

3 comments:

MR said...

"Peace, folks. It's all about a revolution."

since you got me thinking about electric guitar before you said this, I can only say:

BBBZzzzzZZZzzzzzzz!
BBBZzzzzZZZzzzzzzz!
BBBZzzzzZZZzzzzzzz!
(AAAAAAHHHH!!!) "Ya say ya wanna rev-o-LU-SHUN... wah-hellll, you kn-OH..."

Administrator said...

Love punkn cults! When I teach my students about cults we go to this site http://www.howtothinklikeaflower.com/

hilarious. if making fun of people who castrate themselves, wear the same shoes, and take poison together because the mother ship is behind the comet....

Great blog. thanks

MR said...

Uh... Pastor Dan, do you feel that folklore detracts from religion? Specifically, do you think if we weren't fed stories about Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, et al. in our formative years that as adults we wouldn't be waiting for the "other shoe to drop," so to speak, on our religion? Maybe by the time we're 9, we've become accustomed to being duped, which builds up our skepticism as a culture at an early age; the result of having the rug pulled out from under us so many times.

Sorry, didn't know where else to put it, and after I thought of it, I had to put it somewhere... you know, ideas get heavier the longer you hold them.