Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas 2008

We had a nice Christmas morning at our house. It was a bit weird not being at my parents' this year, but I have to admit that it really cut down on the stress not having to travel. We had Christmas at my parents the first weekend in December because that was the only time all four of us could be there. So it was just us at our house on Christmas day, and we had the pleasure of having Drew here too since his dad's pipes burst from freezing from losing power last weekend.

We all kinda slept in (I think I got up about 9) and lazed around drinking coffee. Then Jane made us a big breakfast of bacon, eggs, toast, and french toast. We watched "Little People In A Big World" for awhile, then we opened presents. Saturday the six of us will get together for our tradition of going out to eat together (Jane & I, Drew & Carrie, and Isaac & Laura). This year we're going to Granite City.

Here is a pic of what I got for Christmas this year: An 'Easy Monday Crosswords' book and Neil Young's 'Sugar Mountain - Live at Canterbury House 1968' cd from Jane; Drew Carrie got me this nifty JBL On Stage Micro Portable Ipod Music Dock so I can play my ipod anywhere in the house. Very cool. It even has a remote; and Isaac & Laura got me Warren Zevon's The Wind cd. It was actually the only thing on my wish list. I wanted it for his version of "Knockin' On Heaven's Door," but the whole thing is pretty good.


I got Jane a little Charlie Brown Christmas Tree, along with some chocolates. We got Isaac some books, Dylan's 'Desire' cd, season 5 of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm,' and a Nerf basketball hoop. We got Carrie some clothes, a tea pot, and a card table. Drew got a Domino's set and a shirt. Laura got a scarf from Ten Thousand Villages.

A nice Christmas day. It's a bit cold (about 10 F in the morning), but the sun is shining brightly.

Peace out; and in.

[This post was edited on 12/27 when we opened the rest of the gifts and went out to eat].

No comments: