Monday, May 11, 2009

In defense of opening my soul...

In reading the letters of Frank Laubach in Practicing His Presence, this caught my eye on p. 3. It rather sums up my reason for blogging. Laubach wrote this on January 26, 1930:
In defense of my opening my soul and laying it bare to the public gaze in this fashion, I may say that it seems to me that we really seldom do anybody much good excepting as we share the deepest experiences of our souls in this way. It is not the fashion to tell your inmost thoughts, but there are many wrong fashions, and concealment of the best in us is wrong.

This is what I've always thought about blogging (or why I blog). It is merely "opening my soul" for all the world to see. Maybe it's not much, but it's what I have to offer. I've always thought the best theology wasn't necessarily theological. It's what you find in the little words, the passing thoughts, the glimpses of holy as we make our way through the day.

So far I like this book.

Peace out; and in.

No comments: