Friday, May 08, 2009

Mowing 3, push 1

I mowed for the third time last night. I wasn't planning on mowing yesterday - I thought it was supposed to rain all day. But the neighbor was mowing in the afternoon, so when I closed up shop I decided to join him. Of course after about 45 minutes it started pouring down rain. I got it mowed around the church and quit. But then it cleared off again, so I finished. It took me a loooong time though. I think it was 2 hours 45 minutes. There is a wedding this weekend and I wanted it to look good, so I went slow to get the dandelions, plus the grass was a little wet, and it was thick and tall.

After mowing with the rider I decided to fire up my old push mower. It's the first mower Jane and I ever bought - I don't even remember how old it is - but it started on the very first pull. I mowed around the new trees at the church (around the stakes), and between the little trees behind our house. I noticed the gas line dripping pretty bad; then I remembered that it had been leaking last year, so I put a new gas line on the push mower. I also decided to wash the riding mower. It had grass all over it. I sprayed it down with the hose, and I think altogether it took me 3 1/2 hours.

For some stupid reason I forgot to wear my back brace and could hardly walk afterward (and still). I took a shower and went to Wendy's and got a Southwest Salad and brought it home. Ate about 8:30.

No comments: