Thursday, February 25, 2010

Random is as random does

I'm in one of those frames of mind where... I don't really know what to say. So here are some random randomlies...
  • Before writing this I had 1962 posts on this blog. That's the year I was born (or so I've always been told; even though one year my dad got me a silver dollar for Christmas and it was from 1963 - the year he thought I was born).
  • I think the emerging church is having a hard time dealing with the fact that nobody really cares about it anymore. If you can't fight with evangelicals, then I guess you have to fight with each another.
  • As far as the Olympics... I have to say... I am with Julia Mancuso. I am sick of Lindsay Vonn. I was sick of hearing about her even before the opening ceremonies. And the sob-drama after her first win was enough to put me way over the top. Go Julia!
  • I may be in the minority, but I actually like the Olympics this year for some reason. I like some of the new events. Especially the Ski-Cross (and snowboard-cross). That is one of the best events as far as I'm concerned. I also like downhill skiing; but I'm not so into the slalom stuff. I also like speedskating, and some other things I can't remember now. I really didn't care much for the snowboarders where they just go back and forth. That is, until Shaun White went! Man, he was awesome. And I loved how he took his second run even when he didn't have to. That's what the Olympics ought to be about, imo.
  • I am feeling quite a bit better than I was earlier in the week. I still have a bit of a weirdness to me, but I'm hoping it will disappear little by little each day. I suppose there will always be a little weirdness, otherwise it wouldn't be normal.
  • Well, I guess it is Thursday. That's always good. And Saturday is m'Lady's birthday.

4 comments:

Whisky Prajer said...

I'm glad you're feeling better, Dan-O. And I have to admit: I'm enjoying the Olympics, too (spesh-lee the Hockey ... you know how it is).

dan said...

Ohhhh, I almost forgot there was hockey! ...You know how it is. :)

dan said...

And, hey, have you ordered your copy of Halcyon Times yet??? Are you still on the soup?

I've ordered mine, but have yet to receive it. I'm hoping any day now. it's getting some grand reviews.

Whisky Prajer said...

Ooh: a good reminder! I'm on my way to da site right now.