Friday, December 24, 2010

Computer backup

I finally took the time to backup my C: drive on the work laptop yesterday. I have an 80G Simple Tech StorageSync external hard-drive, and I think I've backed up onto it once or twice before. Anyway, yesterday I backed up 72,684 files (only 72,682 actually backed up), which was 22.57 Gb. I really don't know what that means, but that's what it said. It took 7 hours 56 minutes and 56 seconds, and said there were 34 errors. But, geez, I checked it out, and like every single thing on my computer is on there. That's pretty cool. I was going to say that Jim my computer friend will probably be proud of me, but it occurred to me that both Jim's who comment here are computer guys. Ha! Innaresting. :)

Peace out; and in (and backed up)!

1 comment:

Jim L said...

Well this Jim is just proud of you for backing up, period! Good job, citizen! :o)