- Apparently there was a shooting at the liquor store next to Drew Carrie's house last night. The clerk was shot during a robbery attempt. Here is a link to the story: http://www.wane.com/dpp/news/crime/shooting-at-fort-wayne-liquor-store
- Son Isaac made it to Denver and texted me last night that he saw John Elway in a restaurant. That would have been cool.
- We are still trying to decide between getting a Kindle, a Nook, or some type of tablet (Ipad, or Verizon's version). I have spent more time looking at and playing with these things lately than ever, and they're all pretty neat. I think we may go with the colored Nook. It is a small reader like the Kindle, but it has a better web browser, plus you can apparently buy books from more places than just Amazon, and you can get books through the library on it for free. There are also times where we might need back-light, as opposed to the Kindle (even though the Kindle does read well). Ipad-like devices are cool, but... they are so much money.
- I have also just started looking at Smart-phones. Jane will most likely use the Nook, and I am much more apt to use internet on a phone. I don't know very much about them, but it appears Best Buy has the best deals on phones from what I've seen so far.
- Today we have a group taking winter coats, hats, clothes, blankets, etc. to the homeless in Fort Wayne again. There is quite the pile of stuff in the church hallway. It's a cold morning to be going and hanging out outside. I suppose that's all the more reason to do it.
- This afternoon is the church baby shower for Carrie.
- I am going to a Mad Ants game tonight (D-league basketball). The first one in a couple years.
- Tomorrow we have our regular worship gathering, then we're having a carry-in lunch afterward, and after lunch we're having the Annual Congregational meeting. It's usually on a Tuesday night, but we decided this year to just have it after church, rather than having people drive out to church at night in January, when you never know what the weather is going to be like. Plus maybe more people will attend this way (or not). I think I might be a bit worn out tomorrow afternoon, but it will be good to have it over. I ran off 40 Annual Reports Thursday afternoon - I think it is 15 pages.
Peace out; and in.