Friday, February 25, 2011

It's fried eh

(Get it? That's another way of saying "Friday").

Blblblblblbl... I'm not sure how you write that sound you make with your lips when you rub your finger across them. But that's what I'm doing. Sitting here having survived an almost-freak out, and hoping to avoid anymore. I'm ok. Please don't tell me otherwise.

I've taken Jane to work 2 days in a row. I actually think I kinda like having to get up and go somewhere for a change. Rather than just wandering next door to the office. Yesterday it was ice; today it was snow.

Of course, they were trying to scare everyone with all these storm reports last night, and... shoot, we hardly got anything. And now the sun is shining!

I had a major stomach ache last night. Haven't had anything like that in some time. I was paranoid about the weather, I was having my daily freak-out about the house, I ate an apple that made me feel kinda funny... all those things sorta worked together to drive me to the couch last night and veg in front of the tv.

But this is a new day. I think it's going to be alright. I don't really want to take my blood pressure anytime soon though. I have a feeling I'm tilting high.

Anyways... I've lately been thinking about a friend of mine who I just recently had contact with again. Sorta worried about him. At one time he was probably my best friend in the world. We both worked at different gas stations owned by the same guy, and we would talk on the phone half the day because neither one of them ever had any business. Later we both worked at the chimney factory together. His brother is in hospice and apparently about to die, and I worry how that will effect him. He's already lost a brother and a sister, and they were all much too young.

Also, if you watch Dateline, the lady from my church whose daughter was murdered by her husband is supposed to be on tv tonight. I think it's on the 10 pm est show. I've never watched the show, but I hope to remember to see it tonight. Should be innaresting. It's the Scott & Lisa Pattison case. Lucy is the lady from my church. It was her husband that was instrumental in us ever coming here in the first place. I miss him.

I've been planning to do a post to Roger Goodell and the NFL owners and players sometime. Not that anybody cares what I think, but I have some things I would like to say to them in regard to the collective bargaining agreement, adding more games to the season, and other stuff that I can't think of at the moment.

I'm looking forward to having a baby dedication service for my granddaughter next Sunday. It doesn't take very long, but it will be pretty darn special nonetheless.

I stopped at McDonald's this morning. I was going to just get a decaf coffee, but at the last minute I caved and got an egg mcmuffin too. If we ever move I will have a hard time not going there for breakfast. It's terrible for me, but tastes oh-so-good. Although, I can see making that kind of a regular stop for me. I would like to find a hangout - sort of an out-of-building office. I think I would rather it be a McD's or something rather than a coffee house sort of thing. I guess it's just kinda how I am.

Well, I've dinked around too long this morning. Need to go shovel some snow, clean the house, going to try for 4+ miles on the treadmill today, probably need a shower after that... and who knows what else.

Peace out, peeps; and in.

No comments: