Wednesday, October 26, 2011

New furnace air filter

I installed a new air cleaner filter on the furnace tonight. When the house was inspected the guy said we needed to replace the filter. I didn't really worry about it too much, but thought with winter coming on maybe I better do that. So last week I tried to find the filter - expecting to just go down to Menards and buy a new one - and it's this huge thing on the side of the furnace. I had never seen anything like it before. So I consulted Google.

We have an Aprilaire Media Air Cleaner model 2200. I went to the Aprilaire website and scoped things out. There is an upgrade available for this model, but I decided against it, and finally opted to buy the filter through Amazon for only $31 (with free shipping). I also happened across this nifty youtube video on how to replace it. I'm glad I did. I would have had no idea otherwise. Instead it only took 10 minutes and it is now done.

The old filter was p.r.e.t.t.y darn dirty, so it's a good thing I've got this done before we had to use the furnace. Now we're all set. I hope.

1 comment:

cctv karachi said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.