Saturday, October 22, 2011

Raking leaves and mowing (at home)

We raked the leaves and I mowed the yard at home today. I don't think we've raked leaves since we lived in Illinois - at least 15 years ago. There weren't a ton of leaves, but they were wet and I wanted to get them off the grass. So we raked them out into the road. I guess that's what we're supposed to do. Although I checked the city website and I guess they don't pick up leaves in our neighborhood until November 7-10. At least this batch is already there.

Besides the leaves there were also some sticks and tree trimmings left over from when they cut down 3 trees and trimmed the other 2.

After that I dropped the mower down a notch and gave it a good mowing. Hopefully it will be easier to rake the next time. And there will be a next time, most of the trees in our yard still have their leaves.

No comments: