Thursday, February 02, 2012

Politics

I understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinion regarding politics and politicians. What upsets me most are the Christians who for some odd reason think that ALL Christians must be Republicans. We are not.

In fact, this morning I was thinking about the upcoming Presidential race. I mean, we have a sitting President who is intelligent, articulate, compassionate; a family man of obvious moral and ethical integrity (has been associated with no real scandals)... And yet the opposing party has as their one and only platform - across the board - to find a way to get rid of him. This seems to unite the Christians and those with no religion equally. I know it's a free country, but it honestly baffles my mind why good and decent people would be so vehemently opposed to this man. Especially at the risk of nominating some people to run against him who have such an obvious lack of moral and ethical integrity.

I know President Obama is not perfect, and I certainly don't agree with him on everything (or a lot of things), but it seems we have sunk to a new low in this country when it comes to politics. But I know that's just my opinion, so... whatever.

No comments: