Friday, June 01, 2012

The diet took a vacation

Well, the diet didn't fare so well on vacation. I gained over 7 lbs. Ugh.

I actually didn't quite make it to my 4-week weigh-in. It was the Monday that we woke up in Myrtle Beach. But on the day before (Sunday), I had actually made it to 150 lbs (my goal - 15 lb drop). I was 150.4 to be exact. So I'm calling it 150.

We didn't intend to stick to the diet while on vacation, and the doctor told Jane we would probably gain about 5 lbs. We did. We ate and drank like we were on vacation - though I wouldn't say we ever over-ate. But we had the free breakfast fare at the hotel: waffles, muffins, bagels, donuts, etc. Then we had a lot of cheeseburgers, french fries (I think I had french fries with almost every meal), fried food, and I drank beer with most of my meals. So that was a lot of bread and sugar. And we didn't do any running or exercising, other than a lot of slow strolling along the beach and boardwalk. That doesn't raise the heart-rate too much.

Well, this morning when I got up I weighed in at 157.8 lbs. So that's a 7.4 lb increase. I basically gained back half of what I'd lost in a month in less than 1 week. Geez...

So, we will probably gradually move back towards the diet and exercise over the weekend and try to move back to a more balanced and healthy lifestyle again for next week. Not a total fail, but just a week of vacation. We'll be fine.

No comments: