Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I played golf yesterday

I went to work yesterday morning like most Monday's (though I was probably there a little earlier than most Monday's). As I was doing my thing, I got a text from Carrie wondering if I would like to play golf with Drew. That sounded great to me, but I thought it was supposed to storm all day. Apparently it wasn't supposed to until afternoon (and it ended up not doing anything at all). So a little after 10 am I went over and we played nine holes at Foster Park. I was glad we went there because I've always wanted to play there.

It was a beautiful morning to play - not too hot, not too cool - and there were hardly any other people playing. We played the first nine, which, according to Drew are much easier than the second nine. Apparently I shot a 59, which I was more than happy with. I was just glad that I didn't get a double-digit score on any holes. I mostly got 5's and 7's, with one 8 that I remember.

I'm probably not a real fun golfing partner, because I play "old man" golf: I don't hit it very far, but it's usually pretty straight. It was nice to just get out and do something though, especially with the son-in-law. So while we didn't 'tear up the course' or anything, I think we had a good time. I know I did.

I was also glad to find out that my elbow didn't bother me too. I am supposed to play golf when we go to Illinois at the end of the month, and I have been wondering if I would be able to with my elbow problems. I wore my elbow brace, and it felt fine for the most part. So it was a double bonus day!

No comments: