Friday, December 07, 2012

Vitamins and other meds

I started taking some new vitamin supplements this week. I have been taking a multivitamin since summer (when we were on the diet). I used to take Omega-3 (fish oil) off and on, and have started taking it again. And this week I started taking some triple strength Glucosamine and Chondroitin for my knees. I figure I'll try this for a few weeks before actually calling the doctor. They're just not getting any better. In fact, the right knee is getting worse.

So, my current vitamins and other meds are...

  • One Daily - generic of One-A-Day, multivitamin/multimineral (for immune health, heart health, and blood pressure); once daily.
  • Omega-3 Fish Oil - Schiff 'Cardio-Care' softgels (for heart health, and mental health); twice daily.
  • Glucosamine (1500), Chondroitin (1200) - Spring Valley triple strength (for joint health); twice daily.
  • OTC Allergy Relief - generic Allegra 180 mg; once daily before bedtime.
  • Nasonex nasal spray 50 mcg - for allergies; 1 spray per nostril per day (the only prescription)

The odd thing is, the only prescription drug I take (Nasonex) is the cheapest of all of them. The over-the-counter stuff is stinking expensive. I wish I could get off of the allergy stuff, but I've basically taken something on a daily basis for allergies all of my adult life. If the glucosamine doesn't help, I'm certainly not going to take it. We'll see what the doctor says. The multivitamin and fish oil would probably be a good idea to keep taking. Now that I'm 50 I suppose it's just a part of life. I'm really glad to be off the blood pressure medicine and that I don't have to take any cholesterol meds. Although, if I don't start eating a little better again, and exercising regularly again, who knows.

No comments: