Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Haircut

I got a haircut yesterday. It had been almost two months since the last one. That one was right before a wedding too (I have a wedding this weekend).

Anyway, I went to the usual place, and had Abbey cut my hair. I don't think I have seen her before, but she did a really nice job. I don't know what she did that was different, but it didn't seem like she cut it in the same way that most of the other people there do. She was very nice. We didn't talk a lot. I think she could tell I was tired, and it was very relaxing as she cut my hair. We had just enough conversation to be cordial.

I did ask her about using the #6 clippers on my entire head (I use a 6 on the back and sides and scissor cut the top). She said even though it would be easier to cut she wouldn't recommend it because it would make the top look a lot thinner. I respect that, even though I think I'm going to do it eventually anyway. So I left her a $3 tip (instead of the usual 2).

I was able to walk right in and get in a chair. There was one other person already getting a haircut. Only two people working, and only two customers. Perfect. A couple more came in while I was there though.

No comments: