Thursday, August 29, 2013

Cars serviced

We took both cars in for service yesterday. We dropped off the 2002 Buick Century before Jane had to go to work. It had an oil change, and also had a screw in the front passenger tire. They called about 9:30 and said it was done so I took the 2008 Ford Focus in and traded it for the Buick. There had been a hum in the rear like a wheel bearing or something in the Focus, but it wasn't doing it today. So they just changed the oil. They did suggest that it needs shocks and struts someday and gave us a quote on that too. They called about 2 pm that it was done, so I just walked down to Yeomans. It was 2.25 miles, but since it was 90 degrees f today it took me about 40 minutes. I was sweating like a pig when I got there. But... both cars should be good to go for awhile now.

1 comment:

MR said...

my mechanic tells me what parts to buy and then comes over and fixes it in my garage. Of course, I have to fix his computer whenever it breaks, too. The real motivator is that our Mom would haunt us for being a-holes if we didn't.