Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Holiday weekend

I haven't felt much like blogging lately - not because I haven't felt good, but more 'just because - but we did have a pretty good Labor Day weekend.

Jane actually had Saturday off. I can't really remember what we did during the day, but I know at night we went to Rock the Plaza at the library. We discovered that Pint & Slice sells the incredible hamburgers for only $4 the week before, so we had that for supper. They also had 3 good bands.

Sunday was a full day. We went to church at Jacob's Well again; and this time the Feipel's went with us. Jane and I like this church, but it didn't work out so well for the kids. They don't have much for kids. Drew and Carrie spent most of the time in the nursery with Anna & Bennett (and no one else). Anna was bored and not being real cooperative. It just isn't near as nice for kids as some of the other places. So that was kind of a bummer. But that afternoon we all went to a Labor Day Party at Jared & Molly's. That was fun! It made Jane and I feel good to actually get invited somewhere, and with some of the people who used to be a part of our church. Not only Jared & Molly, but Dan & Jamie as well. There were also quite a few other of their family and friends there - some of whom we know; some we don't. They have a nice pond, and Anna & Bennett had a blast playing in the pond along with all the other kids. We sat on a blanket on the bank and visited and ate and drank. It was a beautiful day weather-wise, and just an all-around nice day. We then took the gkids home with us so Drew and Carrie could go up and see his grandma at the hospital (she had a heart attack).

Monday was another nice, lazy day. I didn't sleep too well because I am having an allergy fit right now. Just a raw throat and ears and cough. So I was up at 4 am and watched a movie on the Kindle. I did at least feel better during the day. Jane and I went out for a run together and decided to run/walk down to the trail and up around Foster Park and back. It is just under 8 miles. We didn't break any speed records, but we did it. We ran the first 4 miles, then walked about half a mile, then ran some more, walked some more, ran, and walked. I felt good since I hadn't done anything Saturday or Sunday. My legs had been kind of sore last week, so the 2 days rest was probably good for them. Then after we ate lunch we went to the 1 o'clock Tincaps game at Parkview Field. It was a beautiful day for a game (upper 70's). We walked around and sat at various places, and of course chatted with the one beer server that we've kind of gotten to know. We also stayed for the entire game because they were having a drawing for the 2 millionth fan - who would then have an opportunity to win up to $2 million. We didn't get picked. It was a 7-year-old kid. And he only won $2000. It was a bit anti-climactic, but I didn't really expect them to give away 2 million bucks anyway, and it was still a really nice day. We came home and cooked steaks on the grill for supper, and ended the holiday the same way we spent most of it: relaxing. Very nice.

No comments: