Wednesday, December 18, 2013

I have a new job

I got a new job. I will be managing a self-storage facility on the north side of town. It's the same thing my son-in-law does (who helped me get the job). I start January 2, 2014.

I gave Drew my resume last Monday night. On Wednesday they called and asked if I could interview at 9:30 am on Friday. I went Friday morning and interviewed. It lasted about 20 minutes. On my way home, they called and wondered if I could interview later that same afternoon with the owner. So I went back at 4 pm. He more or less said I could start whenever... If I wanted to start Monday or wait until after the holidays. I asked if I could let him know on Monday. So I called this past Monday and accepted, and I will start at the beginning of the new year.

I feel pretty lucky, because I hadn't really even started to look for a job yet. I applied to be a substitute teacher with FW schools, but they only accept subs a couple times a year. So this was really the first place I even gave my resume to, and I had the job within a week. It's not really my dream job, but it fits almost perfectly what I was looking for. I will have a chance to interact with the public, but also be able to use my administrative/office skills.

No comments: