Friday, January 16, 2015

A new mouse, and 213,000 miles

We had to buy a new wireless mouse for the laptop at home. I guess I wrote on Facebook about the cat knocking a cup of coffee over on the computer a week or two ago. So far the Lenovo has faired pretty well. It was drenched with an entire cup of coffee. I just turned it on its side and let it all drain off. Apparently the mouse couldn't take it though. We have a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse - and I'm not sure I could use a laptop regularly without them (at least the mouse) - so we just forked over $25 for another Logitech mouse last night. They keyboard is not as necessary - I don't use one on my computer at the office - but I do like one with the computer at home. The home laptop seems to be much more sensitive to hands and arms and whatnot.

In other news... the Buick turned over 213,000 miles this morning. We had a meeting at the Downtown facility, and it hit the mark just as I pulled into the parking lot. Then I forgot to tell anyone about it. It was also a bit odd because usually the odometer doesn't light up, and you can't see how many miles are on it (or what gear it's in), but it was lit up this morning. So there ya go!

5 comments:

MR said...

At home and the office I use a very specific keyboard/mouse rig from Microsoft. The keyboard has a slight ergonomic bent to it, the rows are curved like a smile with larger keys toward the center. The mouse is a standard ergonomic but both have great range. I first found this when I was looking for a mouse/keyboard for our conference rooms at work. The infrared line of sight was terrible, but this combo worked from anyone in the room or outside of it (when you use a projector you could be anywhere in the room so viewing the screen didn't limit your range). I don't mind laptop keyboards, but prefer an external keyboard so that my laptop is shut in the corner of my desk just in case a cat comes along and knocks over my coffee.
When I take my netbook out of the house, I grab my mini mouse (Mickey's gf) and the nano-transceiver so I don't have a big USB stick jutting out of the side. For a while I thought about getting one of these for the car, because I HATE glidepoints and even trackpoints (pushing the little keyboard eraser around). I have disabled them on both of my laptops, they aren't even an option so if I DO open up the laptop I won't be bumping it with my wrist.

MR said...

hmmm... that was one haphazard paragraph. Misplaced words, not enough description of the context, what a mess. But, oh well, you get the idea.

bill Sloat said...

What make/model/year is the Buick?

dan said...

2002 Buick Century. Great car.

bill Sloat said...

We bought my dad's 2006 Lucerne to keep him off the roads. He can barely walk but thought he could still drive. I don't like the car but it only has about 27,000 miles on it.