Saturday, July 09, 2016

Runners on parade


Jane and I ran in the 22nd annual Runners On Parade 5k this morning. Apparently it is a part of the Fort Wayne Three Rivers Festival. It started and ended at Headwaters Park West. It was a beautiful morning for it.

I didn't realize until this morning that the name "Runners on Parade" signifies we run the parade route. That was kind of neat to have a bunch of people lining the streets.

We actually ran pretty good for us. Nothing spectacular, and I am still far from in shape, but we ran 9:55-minute miles. I got 568th and Jane 569th out of 859 runners/walkers.

The race started at 8 am, we were done at 8:30, and then I had to work from 9-2 today at Dupont. So other than having to drive separate cars it worked out alright because I was already halfway to work. I was just a little sweaty and stinky, but nothing too serious. It helped that it was cloudy and not as hot/humid as it had been lately.

So, I think that is the 3rd 5k so far this year. We have another one next Saturday. I would like to run a couple more, and a 10k or two in the next couple months also.