Saturday, November 26, 2016

Last mowing of the year

Not really our house, but cool nonetheless. :)

Well I would say this HAS to be the last mowing of the year. November 26th in Northeast Indiana is pretty late. And, actually, I wasn't even intending to mow. I was going to run the mower out of gas to store it for the winter and thought I might as well mow off some grass while I did it. I couldn't believe, given the trickle of gas left in the tank, that I got about 7/8 of the lawn done. So I added a few more drops and finished the lawn. It does look pretty nice if I do say so myself.

We also finished raking the leaves out to the curb. Hopefully the city will come and pick them up now. I've heard both ways. I was a little irritated in that they always stress that we are NOT to put our leaves in the street but keep them on the edge of the lawn. I did that, and the city crew apparently drove their truck or tractor or whatever up onto my lawn and left a big tire track! So I raked the leaves out into the street this time.

The only thing I have left to do outside is get the leaves out of the valleys on the roof, clean up along the neighbors fence out back, and if I get a lot of energy someday, I need to trim some trees.

While I was doing the lawn, Jane hung the rest of the Christmas lights. She does our two bushed out front as well as hanging a big wreath on the side of the house. This year she added some garland with lights around the garage door. She also put the 3' tree in the front picture window. I am happy with the minimalist decorating.

So, that's how we spent our day today. We may go buy some Christmas presents tonight. We'll see.