Friday, November 25, 2016

Thanksgiving '16

Another Thanksgiving has come and gone. We were fortunate to get down to Atlanta last week to see Isaac and Ricci. Thanksgiving day we stayed home and the Feipel 5 came over for lunch from around noon-2 pm. Then the two of us spent the rest of the day lazing in the basement watching football mostly.

Of course Jane worked and worked to prepare a great feast once again. As usual I was my normal slug self and slept in and napped most of the day. I did manage to make myself a White Russian (after watching The Big Lebowski last week, I had to).

Swimming Into View [sv]

We started the holiday off Wednesday night by going to see Drew's band. It was our first time being at Dicky's Wild Hare, and it was pretty packed most of the night. After working all day I then stood up from the time we arrived there until we left (around 8-midnight). The band actually sounds really good. I've said before that Swimming Into View is a "fun" band. They are ideal for parties and small venues, imho. There were lots of Drew's family and friends, and a few co-workers. We had fun.

Today it is back to the grind. Jane and I both had to work. Such is life. I imagine we will be eating leftovers for a few days, which is fine by me.

While I have much to be thankful for, for some odd reason I've been down lately. Not sure why, but I'm feeling kind of old and lazy and tired all the time. Doesn't seem like there's much to get excited about. So, you know, we trudge on.