Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Dr. visit

I had a routine 6-month doctor checkup today at 9 am. It went fine. The Dr asked how I was doing, if I needed any prescriptions, asked about my stress level, and then we just chit-chatted. He scheduled me to come back in another 6 months. I already have plans to have a series of blood tests done at a health fair between now and then so it will work out well. 

My weight was 175 fully clothed, which is what I thought it would be. I was 171 this morning after my shower. That's a typical weight for me this time of year. 

My blood pressure was 180/86. I'm good with that considering the nurse always takes it as soon as I sit down and she's talking to me the whole time. I checked it the other day and it was 120/74. The doctor was happy with it today. I'd forgotten that the last time I was there it was higher because my prescription had run out. 

I also didn't remember being stressed the last time. The doctor showed me in his notes that I was having issues with it 6 months ago. I don't doubt it but can't recall. I suppose I could look back through the blog but I'm not overly interested. I honestly don't feel any stress whatsoever right now. I think the exercise has helped, as well as the sobriety. 

I stopped at the store on my way to work and bought some trail mix to celebrate a successful doctor visit. Unfortunately my nose has been running like crazy all day since then. I think my nasal allergy spray has gone beyond its usefulness. Other than that I'm feeling pretty good.