Thursday, April 06, 2017

Book order


I was going to stop ordering books - at least of the non-fiction Christian variety. God knows I still have a ton I haven't read, and I was planning to re-read some of my favorites. Plus I've been thinking I would start reading some fiction just to occupy my mind without overly clouding it. But.... you know me.

I've been feeling a little down lately for some odd reason. I don't know why. But yesterday morning I was sitting at work and it was a rainy, pukey day and I was in a persnickety mood, so I took a gander at Facebook. I get notices from Renovare and they have a book club ("A guided journey through four soul-shaping books"). I didn't join the club, but a few of the books they're reading looked good. So... I ordered them. For some reason I didn't order the last book in the series, instead I added Rob Bell's new book coming in May. I've seen a few blurbs about it and it looks interesting to me. Although I ended up canceling the Bell book when I got home last night. It was the longest and most expensive, plus I'd like to hear a few more opinions on it once it's released to the public. I don't need any help in the heretic department.

So... the books I ordered are: