Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Short day

Now that I am working Saturdays more regularly I need to take a "short day" during the week. We aren't allowed overtime, so if we work the 5 hours on Saturday, that means there is one day during the week where we only need to work 3 hours. Today is that day for me.

I also "get to" go in and work the last 3 hours, instead of opening and being done after 3. That was my choice. I would much rather have the morning off and just work 2:30-5:30 than work 9:30 am to 12:30. I like being able to get up slowly and ease into the day. That's what I did today.

I intended to go watch the granddaughter practice baseball, but didn't get out of bed in time. So instead I just read through news and articles online. Then I meditated for awhile (and fell asleep). After that I did a 45-minute run on the treadmill. I like being able to start my day like that. It reminds me of the summer I was on sabbatical.

Now I need to head off to work. I will spend an hour on the road to work 3 hours. But I don't mind. If I could afford it I could handle working 3 hours every day. :)