Thursday, May 24, 2018

2013 honda accord serviced

I took the Honda Accord in for an oil change this past Monday. I was going to take it back to the dealership - since they only charge $12.95 - but it's so dang hard to get it in. I tried making an appointment online and simply could not figure it out. I don't understand why it has to be so hard. So I ended up just calling our regular mechanic and taking it there.

Well, that turned out to be a mistake. To the tune of $60 for an oil and filter change! Geesh! Apparently it uses some kind of synthetic oil - which is fine - but I guess it costs a lot. I think the filter was like $10 and the oil was $42 or something.

So, in the future I believe we will be going back to the dealership for oil changes. I will just have to figure out how to make appointments. I don't think convenience is worth ~$50.

Live and learn, I guess...

No comments: