Friday, July 20, 2018

How to map running routes


I found this nifty little website to map my running routes around town. It's called onthegomap.com. You can also use it for biking and driving.

To create a route you simply enter your city, click on your starting point, and then click again on different points along the route you'd like to take. It will add up the mileage as you go.

A friend at work showed it to me last week as she was trying to map out her run. So I used it to find a route to give me 15 miles tomorrow. Interestingly enough, if I leave my house and head down to the rivergreenway, go around Foster Park, cut over on Rudisill, and take Fairfield all the way to work... it's almost exactly 7.5 miles. So I can run to where I work and back home and get my 15. That way I will also be able to use the restroom and get a drink at work, as well as Foster Park.

I think this is a pretty cool find. I may even have to add it to my sidebar.

No comments: