Saturday, September 15, 2018

12 miles together (and a 5th anniversary)


Jane and I did our long run together this morning: 12 miles (plus we walked a 13th). It was a nice morning, and we jogged at a rather comfortable 10-minute-mile pace. We went through Foster Park and headed downtown to Skyline for a potty/water break and came home on the Rivergreenway.

This was my last double-digit run until the marathon in 2 weeks. I was worried it was going to be bad because my midweek runs didn't feel so good. I guess maybe I was just trying to push it too much.

Once again I used Super Glue on my right foot to cover where the blister was. It's amazing how much that helps. I only use it on longer runs (more than 6 miles?). I've also started using the anti-chaff on the outside of my sock - in addition to directly on the foot. I carried my water bottle again today too. I still can't decide if I should carry it during the marathon. My biggest concern is a place to keep my energy gels because my shorts don't have a pocket.

So, it's nice to have the run out of the way and it's still early. Next week I think I just do 3/2/3 during the week, and 8 on Saturday. That's going to be weird.

----------

In addition to all this, yesterday also happened to be Isaac & Ricci's 5th wedding anniversary! Man, I can't believe it's been that long already. It was fun looking back at pictures on Facebook. It was a fun weekend not only with the wedding but just having all the family and friends there too.

So... after a fairly rough week for me emotionally (long story), it seems to be ending quite well. Today there is a music festival downtown (Middle Waves), we have a wedding to attend tonight (outdoor/casual), and we're bringing the grandkids home with us to spend the night. Should be fun. :)

No comments: