Monday, September 17, 2018

Up the meds and down the interview


I upped my Sertraline (Zoloft) back to the 100 mg it's supposed to be this past weekend. My doctor is okay with me cutting them in half if I'm feeling up to it - which is what I've been doing for quite some time - but I also know enough that sometimes 50 mg just isn't cutting it.

The side effects aren't terrible, but I do notice a slight difference when I take the full dose I should. Supposedly it's still not a very high dosage even at 100 mg, but what do I know.

I'd really like to not have to take anything at all but... such is my lot, I guess. I've been feeling way too down lately, and, even though I don't know that a couple days would make a difference, I do feel somewhat better. So we'll see.

---

In other news, I actually had a job interview today. Sort of. It was for a position I wasn't all that interested in, and with the same company I already work for, so... I suppose I kind of botched it. It was for a cleaning-type position (bathrooms, locker rooms, showers, washing sweat towels, etc.).

I know the guy who interviewed me, and he's like, "So why do you want this job... You're way over qualified." I immediately gave in and said I probably just wasted his time because I wasn't all that sure I even wanted the job and that if there were other viable candidates I should probably remove my name. He said quite a few people had interviewed for it, so that was pretty much the end. Then we just chit-chatted.

It is kind of humorous to read my resume. I can look dang good on paper! :) I think I will probably start looking for something I'm a little more suited to. Whatever that is. At any rate, it felt good to take that small step. So, onward and upward... at least with the meds. :)


ADDED LATER: I actually dropped my sertraline dosage back to 50 mg a couple days after writing this. I didn't think right before the marathon was a good time to be messing with such things. Turns out maybe upping it to 100 wasn't necessary after all. 

No comments: