Monday, April 01, 2024

New shoes


Not much happening on this day-after-easter, but I do need to make note that I recently purchased a new pair of running shoes: these Brooks Glycerin 20s. Of course when I bought them off the Brooks website they were 31% off ($109), and now I see they are $10 less. Still, it's better than the $160 for this year's model (21).

I actually bought a pair of size 9s a couple weeks ago and they were simply too big. So last week I opted for the 8 1/2 and they fit perfect. My first run was 5 miles last Thursday followed by 12 miles on Saturday and I had no problems.

Last year I bought two pair of Glycerin 19s (one in size 8 1/2 and one in size 9) and they were completely different than this pair. I'd read where they completely changed the 19. It wasn't as cushion-y as they normally are, and they returned to the original max cushion last year with the 20s and again this year. (Yes, I tend to buy the previous year's version every year, because they're cheaper).

So, this is really my first pair of actual "max cushion" shoes. I'm still not sure how I feel about them. Jane really likes them (this is what she is currently wearing). While they fit my feet really well, I worry it might be too much cushion over 26 miles. I will wear them for my 20 mile run this weekend and if that goes okay I will likely use them for the marathon at the end of the month. Otherwise I can always wear the Ghosts I wore for my last marathon. Personally I have no need or desire for an actual pair of "racing shoes" (plus I ain't spending several hundred dollars on them!).

And... that's about all I've got for this Monday...

2 comments:

Whisky Prajer said...

Keep running, Dan-o!

dan said...

Thank ya! Lord willing, I intend to give it a shot! :)