Monday, July 01, 2024

Accord fix

Nope, this ain't about politics. It is not possible for anyone to fix this country and get us all in one accord. 

Last Thursday we took our 2013 Honda Accord LX in for service. The engine light had been on for 2-3 weeks and they've been telling me the valve cover gasket is leaking oil for probably a couple years. So I called to have them change the oil, check the check engine light, and replace the valve cover gasket. While they had it there they also said I really should get the rear brakes done. Ugh. Almost $1100 altogether. So...

What they did:

  1. Replaced rear brakes
  2. Replaced valve cover gasket
  3. Replaced the purge valve (I think) - which is why the engine light was on

Apparently, though, judging by the paperwork, they did NOT do an oil change! It was a quart low when I took it in - which is why I finally decided to have the valve cover gasket replaced - and it is still a quart low. What the heck?

I suppose, in their defense, they were in a bit of disarray because of a national ransomware attack on car dealership software. I'd read about it, and my service tech told me they were having to do all their paperwork by hand. When I mentioned the ransomware he just made a hushing motion with his finger. Whatever.

As usual, they gave me the regular list of suggested items that need attention:

  • brake fluid flush (dirty)
  • transmission flush (mileage)
  • coolant flush (mileage)
  • spark plugs (mileage)

 Someday maybe I'll get to those things...

No comments: