Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Accord oil change


It's another not-so-exciting post today. Sorry, but this is how I keep track of my cars.

I took the 2013 Honda Accord LX in for an oil change this morning. They were supposed to have done this in June but it was during their software ransomware attack and apparently it slipped through the cracks (although, who replaces the valve cover gasket and doesn't even check the oil let alone change it?). 

Anyway, I had a 9:30 appointment and was out of there at 10:10. Since their service department is still under construction (I think it's been like 3 years now), I opted to wait in their cozy little outdoor waiting area. It was actually pretty nice (see pic).

In addition to the oil change they also informed me of the usual other things they suggest I have done: 

  • Cabin air filter is dirty ($78)
  • Engine air filter is dirty ($70)
  • Brake fluid is dirty ($193)
  • Transmission service ($193)
  • Coolant flush ($181)
  • Fuel Injector cleaning ($203)

Once again I passed on all of that, but the next time I need to remember to have them at least do the bold items. 

So, that's about all the excitement for today - since I'm nursing a sore back from washing windows yesterday. :(

No comments: