Friday, August 16, 2024

Five things friday

It's a lazy rainy day and I'm short on motivation. Hopefully the drizzles can at least save the grass. Otherwise... Friday!

  1. Did you hear about Rose Harvey who ran the Olympic marathon with a broken leg? Crazy - and I don't know if it's good crazy or bad crazy. Apparently she had a stress fracture in her femur and felt it for the last 24 miles or so! Story HERE.
  2. I also don't know what to think about the new findings from Stanford Medical that our bodies don't necessarily age gradually over time. I guess there are dramatic molecular changes around age 44 and 60. Dang, so this feeling like I'm suddenly getting o.l.d. isn't just in my head? Ugh. Read about it HERE.
  3. The next Renovaré Book Club will be starting up again in September. I don't usually join the club, but I like to read the books they recommend. These are the new ones: Worth Celebrating, by Miriam M. Dixon; Celebration of Discipline, by Richard J. Foster; The Narrow Path, by Rich Villodas; and Abandonment to Divine Providence, by Jean-Pierre de Caussade.
  4. I am not overly familiar with Nick Cave's music or writing, but a lot of people I know love him and what little I've heard I like too. This interview with Stephen Colbert is worth watching if you can spare 20 minutes and have any interest in music, creativity, love, life, and have ever been touched by grief. It also makes me want to buy Nick's book Faith, Hope & Carnage.
  5. "Blessed are those who realized that breath is their first and last possession -- theirs is the 'I can' of the cosmos." -Matthew 5:3 as translated from Aramaic to English by Neil Douglas-Klotz (I simply LOVE his entire take on the Beatitudes!).

 Okey doke. Enjoy your weekend, and don't forget to floss now and then!

 

No comments: