Friday, October 11, 2024

Five things friday

Lots of things going on today, but I am finally getting around to the ftf...

  1. The Minnesota Horwedels have left the hospital and little Wynn is home now meeting the dogs (more importantly, they're meeting him). Apparently there was some concern about his blood sugar, mostly due to his low weight, but that seems to have resolved itself with steady eating.
  2. Today is also grandson Bennett's 12th birthday. He has always been sort of the "easy" child. And what he wanted for his birthday this year was for all of us to go kayaking. So that's what we're doing tomorrow. We also got him some presents, because... we're his grandparents!
  3. Today I did my 20-mile run. This is the high point of training miles (the longest pre-marathon run), and I am looking forward to the taper. It wasn't a "bad" run, but, then, how good can it be when running 20 miles? I always intend for this to last like 4 hours, because rather than worrying about speed you're supposed to try to match total time on your feet for the marathon (which I anticipate will be 4 1/2-5 hours again). I made it last 3 hours 45 minutes. I'm a little sore, but not too bad.
  4. Tonight we have our "small group" from church. It's mostly just a social group consisting of the 'old people'. Once a month we get together, eat, and play games. I think this is our third time meeting, and there's supposed to be 20. We're also involved in a class now that meets weekly, and we're trying to learn how to have difficult conversation (about politics mostly).
  5. “The things we do, do things to us.” Unknown

Btw, I did not witness the aurora borealis like so many others in the midwest did in the wee hours of this morning. I wish I had because it looked pretty neat from pictures. Such is life! 

No comments: